Equality North East is delighted to invite you to a major conference focusing on:
‘Equality in Education’ On the 3rd October 9.30am – 3.30pm.
To be held at St James Park, Newcastle upon tyne on Wednesday 3rd October 2012, the conference will be a mixture of keynote speakers, theme based workshops and interactive learning through discussion. This will be an exciting conference with lots of opportunity to question and learn.
This conference will bring together high profile national and regional speakers including representation from the Legal Sector, TUC and LSIS with the aim of helping delegates to:
- ‘Make the grade’ and embed equality into the organisation and the curriculum.
- Understand the next steps for Equality and Human Rights in education and find out about the proposed cross sector strategy.
- Understand the drivers of inequality in education.
- Receive practical advice on how to achieve the Public Sector duties
- Understand how best to support people with Protected Characteristics in particular to transgender issues.
- Understand the processes of monitoring and how best to use your data.
- Have practical and real examples of how to engage underrepresented groups in education
- Share good practice
Also all delegates will receive a free booklet which gives practical advice on how to achieve your public sector duties.
The conference will be a mixture of keynote speakers, theme based workshops and interactive learning through discussion. Speakers will include; Kevin Rowan TUC, Paul Johnstone Muckle LLP, Catina Barrett LSIS. This will be an exciting conference with lots of opportunity to question and learn.
- A. Engaging groups in education
- B. Equality Act 2010 with particular reference to transgender
- C. How to embed equality and diversity in education
The delegate rate
£120 +vat or £180 + vat for 2 people attending from the same organisation
£100 +vat for members of ConNEcting for Change or £150 for 2 members attending from the same organisation
To secure your place please contact Lynne Chandler on 0191 4264399 or email email@example.com