Do you need asbestos awareness training?
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006 require mandatory training for anyone liable to be exposed to asbestos fibres at work. This includes maintenance workers and others who may come into contact with or who may disturb asbestos as well as those involved in asbestos removal work.
Trades likely to disturb asbestos: electricians, joiners, plumbers, gas fitters, shop fitters, heating & ventilation engineers, roofers, plasterers, demolition workers, phone & data engineers, alarm installers, surveyors, painters & decorators.
Disturbing asbestos-containing materials can result in release of invisible fibres which can cause lung cancer and lung diseases.
The course will cover:
- recognising asbestos
- how asbestos can affect your health
- the added dangers of smoking
- the uses and likely locations for asbestos in buildings
- what work you are allowed to do by law
- what the law requires you to do
- what methods to use
- what equipment you need to do the job properly
- how to choose, use and look after personal protective equipment
- recognising and dealing with other dangers such as work at height
- decontamination of yourself and work areas
- emergency procedures
- waste disposal
Training to UKATA standards.
Monthly training in Blaydon, Tyne & Wear
Evening courses to fit around your work schedule
Add another service to the ones you already offer
|Venue||Aone Business Centre, 3 Summerhill, Blaydon, Tyne & Wear NE21 4JR|
|Cost||£55 + VAT|