Full time (37 hours p.w.), Fixed Term Maternity Cover for 8 months
Salary £30K + performance related bonus
The North East Business and Innovation Centre Ltd is an established, not for profit enterprise agency, and offers a range of business support and property services throughout the North East region. Working with a broad range of clients from aspiring entrepreneurs to public sector bodies, the BIC is dedicated to supporting an entrepreneurial culture in the region.
We are looking to recruit an Innovation Manager for 8 months maternity cover. The purpose of the role is to deliver the Innovation Programme and support Senior Management in contribution to the current Innovation strategy and implementing new developments, if and when appropriate and within time constraints.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of Innovation Team
- Administration of an approved list of Innovation Specialists and Suppliers to deliver ERDF project
- Develop and deliver a plan of action with the necessary objectives and financial targets agreed by Senior Management for ERDF programme.
- Build upon the existing network of referral bodies, associates, etc., and establish an ongoing dialogue through regular meetings, updates and events, etc.
- Meet all reporting and management requirements as required by current funding streams.
Key Performance Indicators:
Delivery of ERDF project, including achievement of all outputs and objectives:
- Position the BIC as a main player in the field of innovative thinking and solutions for the benefit of the regions business communities.
- Establishing and nurturing key strategic partnerships with like minded innovation associates and sector specific referral agencies.
- Establishing, delivering and supporting internal and external events to promote the innovation agenda and the BIC’s SME Innovation Programme offering.
- To format offerings into funding opportunity structures e.g. ERDF, Direct EU, etc.
- Work closely with internal BIC departments, especially Corporate Marketing to ensure full integration and buy in to the successes and potentials of the SME Innovation Programme.
- Regularly report on KPI’s to Senior Management and in-line with external funding requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Experience of delivery at a senior level within the fields of innovation, brand, product or service development in a commercial environment.
- Proven experience in business planning and strategic development at managerial level.
- A very good knowledge of Innovation Networks and main players in the Region.
- An in-depth knowledge of UK and EU funding and application writing.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and comfortable presenting in any situation. (including experience of workshop/seminar delivery). You will be self and commercially motivated and able to manage timescales.
In addition, and importantly, you will be an enthusiastic individual with an innovative approach to work and an ability to find practical solutions to problems and issues.
This post is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
The North East BIC Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and committed to the elimination of discrimination or harassment on the basis of disability, marital status, ethnicity, religious and political belief
|Employer||North East Business and Innovation Centre|
|Job type||Temp / Interim|
|Salary||£30000 – £30000|
|Closing||17 May 2012|