Part Time (22.5 hours p.w.), permanent
Salary £25,500K pro rata & dependant upon skills and knowledge + Benefits
The North East Business and Innovation Centre is an established, not for profit enterprise agency and offers a range of business support and property services throughout the North East region. Working with a broad range of clients from aspiring entrepreneurs to public sector bodies, the BIC is dedicated to supporting an entrepreneurial culture in the region.
We are looking to recruit an Innovation Project Officer to assist the Innovation Manager in taking our already successful Innovation service forward. The role will in the main, assist in the project administration of an ERDF contract which aims to stimulate innovation projects in the north east.
The successful candidate will carry out the following responsibilities:
- To support the Innovation Manager in promoting, delivering and improving the ERDF Innovation Programme.
- To manage projects and events as directed by the Innovation Manager.
- To work with internal resource and external associates.
- To develop new and nurture existing business contacts and referral bodies.
- To assist Innovation Manager in identifying new and existing funding opportunities.
Key Performance Indicators:
- In conjunction with Innovation Manager, assist in positioning the BIC as a main player in the field of innovative thinking and solutions for the benefit of the regions business community.
- Establishing and nurturing key strategic partnerships with like minded innovation associates.
- To contribute to funding outputs as per current funding structures e.g. ERDF etc.
- To assist Innovation Manager with reporting to Senior Management on a monthly basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Worked in a business support and/or business growth environment with experience of business advice to SME’s.
- Proven experience of working within the fields of innovation within new and emerging industries.
- Knowledge of the various funding streams and how to source alternative funding.
- Excellent relationship-building and influencing skills at all levels.
- Active involvement with and knowledge of Innovation networks and main regional players.
- Excellent IT skills
- Educated to a good level, GCSE’s or equivalent with a minimum of grade C in English and Maths.
The successful candidate will have excellent presentation and communication skills, have the ability to network effectively and be self motivated.
For an application pack, please see our website for further details and an application pack www.ne-bic.co.uk or contact:
Debra Robinson (H.R.) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please note CV’s will not be accepted)
This post is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
The North East BIC Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and committed to the elimination of discrimination or harassment on the basis of disability, marital status, ethnicity, religious and political belief
|Employer||North East Business and Innovation Centre|
|Closing||17 May 2012|