The successful candidate will work within a dedicated R&D team. You will work on all aspects of product development and design, with strong emphasis on innovation, and design for manufacture.
The main job function involves the design of parts, assemblies and the production of accurate drawings. You will make extensive use of high-end 3D design and simulation tools and exploit modern manufacturing processes. As part of our team you will constantly strive to improve our products, with regular design review meetings and interaction with our production partners worldwide.
The successful candidate will:
- Be confident and flexible
- Have good communication skills and a natural engineering intuition
- Work to demanding time scales when required in our well resourced design office
- Have an aptitude for problem solving and experimentation.
- Have a good working knowledge of 3D CAD (ProEngineer), Structural FEA and Motion Analysis tools. However, further training can be given where necessary
- Be educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering
- Be willing to travel both in the UK and Europe
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary is £22-28,000 per annum dependent on experience
- 35 days holiday per year plus stats
- Pension and life assurance
HOURS OF WORK AND TYPE OF CONTRACT
- Monday to Thursday 8.00am – 4.30pm and 8.30am – 3.30pm on a Friday
- Permanent Contract
POINT OF CONTACT FOR JOB ROLE
Please call 0191 415 1100 and ask to speak to Craig Doughty
|Employer||Westray Recruitment Consultants|
|Salary||£22000 – £28000|
|Closing||30 Sep 2012|