Learn more about the business opportunities created by an ageing society and how Newcastle University can help you.
SALT Business Event
Wednesday 30th November
8:30am – 11:30am
Newcastle University Business School
- Learn more about the research opportunities
- Understand how the SALT Project can help your research
- Participate in workshops that help shape the opportunity
Sustainable Business Models for Assisted Living Technologies and Services (SALT) is a £2 million project funded by the TSB, ESRC and NIHR under the ALIP Programme.
It is aimed at:
- Designing business models for assistive technologies and services that create sustainable businesses whilst delivering independent healthy living for older people.
- It achieves this by bringing together multidisciplinary researchers with practitioners from all sectors and user groups to develop innovative, workable, and sustainable solutions.
8.30am: Registration and Teas/Coffees
8:40am Welcome by Professor Feng Li
8:45am Presentation by Professor Tom Kirkwood, Associate Dean for Ageing, Newcastle University
9:15am Presentation by Professor Feng Li, Overview of the SALT Project
9:45am Introduction to workshop by Mike Morgan and Professor Peter Gore
10:00am COFFEE BREAK
11:10am Presentation of Results
The objective is to identify the factors that promote or inhibit the uptake, use and integration of assistive technologies that help improve quality of life for an ageing society.
Delegates will be split into groups to identify the opportunities and challenges surrounding the Assisted Living Technologies and Services Models.
Newcastle University Business School, 5 Barrack Road, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4SE. Please see location map
Please confirm your attendance by calling Daniel Martin on 0191 208 1621 or email: email@example.com
Deadline for Delegate Registrations is: Tuesday 22nd November at 5.00pm