Do you do business in your region? Sign up to our daily bulletin to keep up-to-date.
Meet your next employee (and receive salary funding)
Posted by Victor Ottaway on 16 Feb 2017
If you would like to meet your next employee Northumbria University will be holding an event on the 29th March between 8.00-10.00am enabling small and medium sized businesses to see first-hand the skills and ideas of graduates and final year students (who will be graduating in May/June).
We will use real life examples, including those provided by the attending SMEs, with the aim of demonstrating the ideas and solutions that graduates/students can bring to your business. This event is will l help SMEs look beyond an interview and/or CV and really explore the Graduate/students skills including:
• Excellent oral and written communicators
• Problem solvers & negotiators
• Flexible and adaptable to different and evolving circumstances.
If you like the ideas and approaches of the graduates/students, we can pay each SME based in Tyne & Wear or Northumberland almost £4,000 to enable the SME to employ the graduate/student on a full-time basis for 6 months.
This event is focused on Humanities graduates/students from the following subjects:
• Creative Writing
• English Language and English Literature
We believe the above Humanities subjects will be attractive to SMEs in a range of sectors as through their studies the graduates/students will be highly well suited to a huge variety of different jobs including:
• Marketing including Advertising or Digital Copywriter
• Public Relations
• Consultants from a range of sectors
• Business Development and commercial
• Education/training focused roles
• Plus many more.