Newcastle Scaleup Summit
Building on the success of our 5-day, citywide and multi-venue ‘Newcastle Startup Week’ festival in May, we’re running a 1-day ‘Newcastle Scaleup Summit’ at the Live Theatre on Thursday 23rd November 2017 to help people learn how to take their business to the next level.
8:30am-9:30am: Business Breakfast Networking + Registration 9:30am-12:30pm: Morning Session
Going deeper into the topics we covered on our ‘Growing & Scaling’ day in May, the full-day event in November will feature a range of speakers in the morning who will share personal and practical insights on how they grew their own business, or explain products, services or programmes they use to help others fulfil their potential.
- Welcome & Introduction from Paul Lancaster & Sarah Crimmens (Newcastle Startup Week + Scaleup Summit)
- ’What do we mean by ‘scaleups’ and why are they important?’ by Colin Bell (Business Growth Director, North East LEP)
- Panel Discussion: How to adopt a ‘Growth Mindset’ within your business ft. Carl Haagensen (Entrepreneur Development Manager, Natwest Entrepreneurial Spark), Holly Thompson (Future Skills Vision Ltd) + Scott Rowland (HiThrive)
- ‘How to improve your sales & marketing of existing products / services’ by Stefan Lepowski (MD, Karol Marketing)
- Fireside Chat: Darren Jobling (CEO, ZeroLight) + Alasdair Greig (Director, Northstar Ventures)
- ‘How can membership organisations help?’ ft. Speakers TBC
1:30pm-5:30pm: Afternoon Session
The afternoon session will include facilitated workshops and 1-2-1s where delegates can put the ideas into practise and sign up for any services or programmes that will help them grow and scale. This will then be followed by:
- ‘How to innovate & develop new products / services’ by Professor Roy Sandbach OBE (Newcastle University)
- ‘Developing new products & services through Open Innovation Challenges’ by Naomi Morrow (Sunderland Software City / Digital Catapult Centre | Durham & Tees Valley)
- Panel Discussion: How to find the skills & talent you need to grow your business ft. Neil Stephenson (Director, Tetrad Recruitment Group Ltd), Michaela Reaney (MD, Gradvert), Peter Neal (Strategic Talent, UNW) & Laura Sharpe (Sharpe Recruitment) hosted by Natalia Blagburn (Senior Lecturer in Entrepreneurship, Northumbria University)
- ‘Growing your business through partnerships’ by Sarah Lemon (Business Development Director, Sage)
- Closing Keynote Speaker TBC
Get your ticket now for just £100 here before they increase to £120 on 1st October!
|Date||8:30am on 23 Nov 2017 to 5:30pm on 23 Nov 2017|
|Venue||Live Theatre, 27-29 Broad Chare, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 3DQ|
|Cost||£100 a ticket. Will increase to £120 from 1st October|