International Women's Day at Hope Street Xchange
Celebrate International Women’s Day 2019 with Hope Street Xchange.
Hope Street Xchange is once again proud to support International Women’s Day by hosting its own event on Friday 8th March. This year we’ll be highlighting the fantastic work being done across the region to support women through education and into work.
Join us for an inspiring and empowering event which focuses on the help available to those who may face obstacles, such as coming from disadvantaged backgrounds or facing complex barriers, and celebrates their achievements.
Working with Smart Works and The Red Box Project, we will be collecting item donations to further the cause. The donations will include clothes for disadvantaged women to enable them to attend job interviews and sanitary items to fight period poverty in local schools.
Some of the fantastic speakers lined up so far include:
- Rebecca Robinson, Commercial Facilities Manager, University of Sunderland
- Katherine Briggs, Lead Enterprise Consultant, Finchale Group
- Lauren Robinson, Journalism Graduate, Fashion Blogger and founder of the first Beauty Bank in Sunderland
- Ingrid Tchamabe, Director, Divinepearl’s Events
- Dr Rebecca Owens, Lecturer in Psychology, University of Sunderland
- Bella Marie Training Academy
- Uplift Associates
- The Red Box Project
- Gina Nesbitt, The Link School
- 8.30am - 9.15am - welcome drinks and charity drive
- 9.15am- 10.30am - our first inspirational speakers
- 10.30am - 10.45am - break
- 10.45am - 12pm - more wonderful, empowering speakers
- 12pm - 12.30pm - Q & A
- 12.30pm - lunch and networking
Morning refreshments and a light lunch will be provided.
This event is for everyone from all walks of life and backgrounds - join us for a fantastic day of celebration!
We hope to see you there!
|Date||8:30am on 08 Mar 2019 to 1:00pm on 08 Mar 2019|
|Venue||Hope Street Xchange, Hind Street, Sunderland, SR1 3QD|