Do you do business in your region? Sign up to our daily bulletin to keep up-to-date.
Prospects Postgraduate Awards 2013 Winners Revealed
Posted by Graduate Prospects on 20 Nov 2013
The best universities and businesses supporting postgraduate education have been recognised as the winners1 of the first ever Prospects Postgraduate Awards are unveiled.
More than 150 leaders in the provision of postgraduate education attended the glittering awards ceremony yesterday (19 November) at the Radisson Edwardian hotel in Manchester. The Awards, run by Graduate Prospects, were presented by sociology professor and broadcaster Laurie Taylor.
The Prospects Postgraduate Awards launched for the first time this year, they are the only annual event solely dedicated to celebrating best practice and the most exciting campaigns and developments in UK postgraduate education.
Categories spanned eight areas and this year’s winners include:
- Best International Campaign: Winner - University of Derby; Highly Commended - Lancaster University
- Best University Campaign: Winner - The University of Nottingham; Highly Commended - Anglia Ruskin University
- Best Faculty Campaign: Winner - University of Southampton, PG Health Sciences; Highly Commended - BPP Law School
- Best Prospectus: Winner - Harper Adams University; Highly Commended - Manchester Metropolitan University
- Best Agency: Winner - PlattForm; Highly Commended - SMRS Ltd
- Best Website: Winner - University of Bedfordshire; Highly Commended - Manchester Metropolitan University
- Best Business Partner: Winner - GlaxoSmithKline; Judges’ Commendation - DemoPad
- Best Teaching Team (arts & humanities): Winner - MA Cultural Geography (Research) Team at Royal Holloway, University of London; Highly Commended - Creative Writing Team at Lancaster University
- Best Teaching Team (business & social sciences): Winner - Professional Doctorate in Education (EdD) Team at Staffordshire University; Highly Commended - MBA Team at Business School, Staffordshire University
- Best Teaching Team (science, technology & engineering): Winner - Postgraduate Diploma Physician Associate Studies Team at St George’s, University of London; Highly Commended - MSc Forensic Archaeology and Crime Scene Investigation Team, University of Bradford
Graduate Prospects, the UK’s leading postgraduate education publisher, which also operates prospects.ac.uk and the official postgraduate course database. Chief executive, Mike Hill said: “The UK is a world leader in postgraduate education and these awards recognise and reward some of the best providers as well as businesses that support them. We have been overwhelmed by the high standard of entries as well as the enthusiasm of those involved. Congratulations to all of the winners and we look forward to next year.”
The judges included representatives from Universities UK, AGCAS, NUS, UK Council for International Student Affairs, Higher Education Academy, Association of Graduate Recruiters, British Council, Higher Education Data and Information Improvement Programme, Million+, Thirtythree, Higher Education Academy and the UK Council for Graduate Education
For more information visit www.postgraduateawards.co.uk