Five great reasons to Get Mentoring
The UK tour of Get Mentoring is in the Newcastle next week with a free workshop at the Copthorne Hotel for people interested in developing their mentoring skills.
If you’re interested in volunteering there’s loads of great reasons to get started by completing the free training, here’s just five of them:
- It’s great PR- communicate to your potential clients and others that you’re also willing to support the wider business community through mentoring and they’ll know your business is the caring, sharing type (which you will be!)
- You’ll learn as much as the people you mentor- although you’ve ‘been there and got the tee-shirt’ finding out about the issues facing another business could help revisit activities in your business and give you an increased insight into projects with business clients.
- To give back- remember those amazing people that influenced and supported you throughout your career? Even a very small time commitment from you could make a huge difference to someone starting out.
- You’ll learn a new skill or revisit an existing one - developing your mentoring skill set doesn’t just support mentoring activities, it can also help you make the most of business relationships with employees, clients and suppliers.
- To widen your contacts in a new and interesting way- getting involved could introduce you to a whole range of new people from different sectors and backgrounds including fellow mentors, future mentees and potential clients interested in finding how your mentoring skills add value to your business.
Sign up for the Newcastle workshop or complete the training online here: http://getmentoring.org/
This was posted in Bdaily's Members' News section by Sophie Hardwick .