Tynemet

Member Article

99.3% Pass Rate Across all A2 Level Courses

Students studying on A2 and AS Level courses at Queen Alexandra Sixth Form College in North Shields had every reason to celebrate today as they were informed of their AS and A2 exam results.

The atmosphere at the College was charged with excitement as student after student realised that their hard work and determination had paid off and they had been awarded the grades that they needed for their chosen career or to access Higher Education.

Many were ecstatic as they realised that their high grades would secure them a place at their first choice of university.

Aaron Thompson, from Percy Main, a former Norham Community Technology College pupil, was thrilled to have achieved A grades in Maths, Further Maths and Physics and a C grade in Chemistry. He has been accepted to study Physics with Astro Physics at the University of Manchester.

Aaron said:

“The staff at Queen Alex are brilliant and totally supportive, they helped me gain the confidence to achieve the grades that I needed.”

Huxley Luo,18, from Tynemouth,a former Monkseaton High School pupil was delighted to have achieved a A* in Further Maths, an A in Maths and a B in Physics.. He has been accepted to study Electronic Engineering also at the University of Manchester.

Huxley said:

“I have had a great experience studying at Queen Alex, the teachers here are the best and very approachable. The atmosphere at College is always friendly and very positive it is a good environment to study in.”

Preston Phillips, 18, from Cullercoates, a former Marden High School pupil, was very pleased to have achieved an A* in Maths, B in Further Maths and a C in Graphics. He also achieved an A Grade in Programmed Computer Design at AS level as part of an EPQ (Extended Project Qualification) which are designed to enhance A level profiles of students. He will study Computer Games Programming at either Northumbria or Newcastle University.

Preston said:

“Studying at Queen Alexandra College has been a great experience for me I have had lots of support from the tutors, I have made some good friends and feel that I am fully prepared for university life.”

Students studying on their first year of their A level courses also celebrated fantastic results.

Jade Stephenson, 17 from Blyth, a former Astley Community High School pupil, was overjoyed with her results; she swept the board with A grades at AS level in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths.

Jade said:

“I needed to achieve these high grades so that when I finish my A levels next year I can go on to study medicine. I would recommend Queen Alex to any school leaver, I travel from Blyth each day but it has been worth it in the end. I am really looking forward to coming back again next year.”

Katie Newbold, 18, from Palmersville, a former pupil at St Aidens School in Harrogate, was overwhelmed with her grades of an A* in English Literature, A grades in both Psychology and Sociology and a B grade in Classical Civilisations.

Katie said:

“This is the most amazing College to study at. Without the fantastic support of the teachers I wouldn’t’ have achieved these high grades

Paul Muchatuta, 17, from North Shields, a former Norham Community Technology College pupil, achieved AS level grades of A in both Maths and Sociology, a B in English Literature and a C grade in Physics.

Paul said:

“I am really pleased with my results, I hope to do well again next year as it is my intention to go to university to study Aerospace Engineering or Physics. Queen Alexandra College is a great place to study and easy to fit in, I am looking forward to next year.”

Denise Bolton, Head of Queen Alexandra Sixth Form College, said:

“The staff and I are delighted with the A Level results for this year. We have developed a higher level of support to ensure that students are able to realise their full potential.

This year we have seen a 99.3% pass rate across all A2 Level courses and 93% of those applying to University have confirmed offers, the other 7% progressing into employment or further training, this bucks the national trend of decline in students progressing to university

These fantastic results are evidence of the high standard of teaching and learning delivered at Queen Alexandra Sixth Form College by specialist A Level teachers.“

This was posted in Bdaily's Members' News section by Lisa Dawson .

Explore these topics

Our Partners

Top Ten Most Read