Embrace Retail Award winners announced at Middleton Grange
Retailers and shop workers have been celebrating success at a shopping centre’s first ever awards ceremony.
Middleton Grange Shopping Centre in Hartlepool launched the Embrace Retail Awards to recognise excellence and outstanding customer service among its 140 stores and market stalls.
Dozens of people who work at Middleton Grange enjoyed a breakfast reception at BHS to hear the winners announced.
The Embrace Award was presented to Specsavers, recognising the store’s drive and passion in promoting and supporting Middleton Grange, while security guard Sean Eddy was named the Centre’s Employee of the Year.
Mark Rycraft, Manager of Middleton Grange, said: “We’re absolutely thrilled at the success of the first ever Retail Awards. It’s a great way to celebrate the contribution that staff make in welcoming customers to Middleton Grange.
“The fact that we received almost 1,000 nominations proves that shoppers enjoy visiting Middleton Grange and value the service and experience they get here. On behalf of Middleton Grange, I congratulate all of our winners and our thanks go to all of the customers who nominated their favourite stores.”
An independent judging panel – made up of retail consultant Graham Soult; Jerry Hatch, Manager of Dalton Park; Joanne Cole, Tourism Officer at Hartlepool Borough Council; and Daniel Raudin, owner of the York House restaurant in Hartlepool – decided who won each award category.
The winners of Middleton Grange’s first ever Embrace Retail Awards are:
• Retailer of the Year – Sally Hair and BeautyShortlisted – Boots; Kosa Hairdressing.
• Market Hall Stall of the Year – Special OccasionsShortlisted – Sweetie Heaven; Ryan’s Fruit & Veg.
• Shop Window of the Year – BHSShortlisted – River Island; Warren James.
• Middleton Grange Employee of the Year – Sean EddyShortlisted – Kevin Naisbitt.
• Retail Shooting Star of the Year – Charlotte Keegan (Warren James)Shortlisted – Amy Brown (Specsavers); Rachel Longmoor (Peacocks); Victoria Threadway (British Heart Foundation); Danielle Barber (O2).
• Embrace Award – SpecsaversShortlisted – Warren James; Peacocks.
Ian Walker, Director of Specavers in Hartlepool, added: “It’s the first time Middleton Grange has held an awards ceremony and it’s been a very positive experience. The ceremony itself was excellent and very professional – I’m sure this is something that will continue successfully every year.”
Picture – Embracing success – Winners at Middleton Grange Shopping Centre’s first ever Retail Awards
This was posted in Bdaily's Members' News section by Publicity Seekers PR .
Enjoy the read? Get Bdaily delivered.
Sign up to receive our popular North East morning email for free.