Supporting online businesses to Go and Grow with Enterprise Nation
We had our first event for the Go and Grow ecommerce series last week, with around 50 eager soon-to-be sellers listening to advice from an expert panel of entrepreneurs.
This event was the first of five that we’re putting on together with Enterprise Nation, with the aim of empowering individuals and businesses and equipping them with the skills they need to grow online.
Wednesday’s focus was on how to get online and included a cost and performance comparison of leading template website providers and set-up instructions.
Top tips from the speakers
Steve Emecz from Powa
- Make sure the content you have on your website reflects your business. Include all the relevant information e.g. terms and conditions, delivery and information.
- Know who your customers are e.g. if you’re selling to customers in Spain, make sure the website is in Spanish and Euros.
- If you’re selling a product, make sure the pictures are of high quality.
Joanna Tall from Off to See My Lawyer
- Consult a lawyer about setting up your business before you start rather than during or afterwards, because it will save you a lot of money in the long run.
- Make sure your website has all the legal information to present to customers and has clear terms and conditions.
- Be transparent with your customers.
Maddy Cross, Head of Marketing at Moonfruit.com
- Use your social forums, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and leverage awareness of your brand.
- Don’t be put if you don’t have the technical skills to create a website. There are so many websites builders that can help you.
- Look at what other people are doing to get inspiration. There are many sites that are doing amazing things, it doesn’t mean you should copy them, but you can take ideas and adapt them to your know style.
If you’d like to come to any of our free events, please go to Go And Grown Online for more information.
Wednesday 16 October – Selling via platform sites
Pick up the tips you need on how to make sales on powerful platform sites that will introduce you and your product/services to customers across the globe
Wednesday 30 October – Promotion
Learn from the experts on how to make the most of social media to promote your brand and become an expert.
Wednesday 13 November – Raising funds
Find out about the sources of finance available to you as a small business and how to go about accessing them.
Wed 27 November – Customer conversion
Turning browsers into buyers, with customers attracted to your site, now all you have to do is encourage them to buy!
This was posted in Bdaily's Members' News section by iwoca .
Enjoy the read? Get Bdaily delivered.
Sign up to receive our popular morning National email for free.