Entrepreneur list topped by Victoria Beckham sees 15 Yorkshire additions
Poundworld entrepreneurs Chris and Chris Edwards have come in 12th place of Management Today’s Top 100 Entrepreneurs, heading the 15 Yorkshire-based entrepreneurs featured in sectors from steel to retail.
They have a combined wealth of £200 million and a recorded £345 million latest turnover for their Normanton-based discount retailer.
Other Yorkshire based entrepreneurs include philip Meeson of the Dart Group, owners of Jet2.com, and Lesley Wild of Betty’s and Taylor’s.
Victoria Beckham came in first place with an estimated wealth of £210 million, and a recorded 2900% increase in 5 year turnover.
Entrepreneurs are ranked by their own or their immediate family asset wealth, which is identified from their holdings in private or public companies, share sales, dividends, salaries, plus any other assets that they have revealed openly.
Yorkshire entrepreneurs include:
- No 31 Philip Meeson of the Dart Group, £135 million wealth, £1120 million turnover
- = No. 44 Andrew Vincent of BJSS, £80 million wealth, £48 million turnover
- No. 47 Stephen and Jacqueline Neal Abbey Group (steel), £103 million wealth, 42 million turnover
- No. 59 Chris Rea, AES Engineering, £160 million wealth and £146 million turnover
- No. 60 Max Smith-Hillard Forza AW meat and poultry firm, £115 million wealth, £276 million turnover
- No. 65 John Jakes, Acorn Mobility £130 million wealth, £127 million turnover
- No 67. Ian and Nicola Warhurst, Melett (car parts) £73 million wealth, £20 million turnvover
- No. 75 Barry and Frances Dodd of GSM Group, £58 million wealth, £30 million turnover
- No. 76 Lesley Wild of Bettys and Taylors, £138 million wealth, £149 turnover
- No 84 Dr Keith Howard, Emerald (academic publishing) £95 million wealth £38 million turnover
- No 85. Suzanne Marshall Forsyth, £90 million wealth and £87 million turnover
- No. 88 John Coulter and Ann Jones, Warren James retail, £167 million wealth, £59 million turnover
- No. 93 Cathie Paver, Pavers shoes, £70 million wealth and £66 million turnover
- No. 98 Stuart Lomax of Alco Valves £45 million weath and £18 million turnover