London's first cyber security accelerator kicks off
London’s very first accelerator for cyber security startups has kicked off this week, offering businesses a three-month curriculum with mentors.
The incubator, which is hosted in a 4,000 sq ft facility provided by Winton in Hammersmith, London, offers support from Ignite staff for 14 weeks, along with additional support from partners and sponsors such as Winton, Fried Frank and Freshfields.
Teams selected for the programme receive a per capita cost of living allowance of £5,000 for the duration of the programme.
CyLon co-founder Alex van Someren of Amadeus Capital Partners said at the opening ceremony: “I’m delighted we have selected six top-quality cyber security companies in the first CyLon cohort.
“Furthermore, the fact that two other highly respected cyber security small and medium-sized enterprises are joining us will add a lot to the experience of all the companies involved.
No equity is taken by CyLon in the companies selected.
As reported by Computer Weekly, the six teams in the CyLon cohort are as follows:
- AimBrain: A mobile behavioural biometrics software framework, providing a security layer which tracks how users interact with their device.
- Sphere Secure Workspace: A bring-your-own-device system which creates a separate and secure environment on personal mobile devices to be managed by the employer.
- Cyberlytic: Real-time risk assessment of cyber attacks to help security teams triage alerts and reduce response times from days to minutes.
- Intruder: Mirrors the activities of cyber attackers without the noise produced by vulnerability scanners and penetration test companies.
- Mentat Innovations: A scalable, robust, autonomous intelligence for detecting anomalous behaviour through metadata processing in the “internet of everything”.
- Ruuta: A social router that aims to solve the everyday problems people have with their internet boxes.
- CyLon is supported by sponsorship from technology defence and security specialist Raytheon.
CyLon will open applications for its second programme, commencing in the last quarter of 2015, in summer 2015.
This was posted in Bdaily's Members' News section by Ellen Forster .
Enjoy the read? Get Bdaily delivered.
Sign up to receive our popular morning London email for free.