Six North East firms seek export boost via Dubai sales mission
Six North East businesses will be looking to to unlock Middle Eastern markets when they attend an international trade mission in Dubai later this month.
CBL Drinks Limited, Beanies Flavour Co, Eurofoods GB, Deep Blue Sports, Snowshock Limited and Baketime will all be part of a UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) Northern Powerhouse mission, hosted at the Dubai World Trade Centre from 19 -25 February, to boost sales through exporting overseas.
Dubbed the world’s biggest annual food and hospitality show, the North East firms will join 5,000 exhibitors from more than 120 countries at the the Gulfood and Halal World show.
Firms attending the mission include:
- CBL Drinks Ltd, from Sunderland, which produces bespoke drinks and packaging for a range of customers.
- Beanies the Flavour Co, from Darlington, which provides a range of whole bean and ground speciality flavoured coffees.
- Eurofoods GB, from Sunderland, which supplies Doner kebabs and bulk ingredients to the catering industry.
- Deep Blue Sports, from Whitley Bay, which supplies health and fitness supplements.
- Snowshock Limited, from Newcastle, a producer of flavoured frozen ice drinks known as slush puppies.
- Baketime, from Middlesbrough, which produces baked biscuits, savoury biscuits and crackers and potato, rice and corn based snacks.
Sumer Sardagi, Director at Eurofoods Group Limited, said: “We are already supplying our products to the UK, Ireland, Spain and Belgium, we would like to expand our business further a field such as the middle east and asia.
“Our clients are Frozen Food suppliers, Catering Suppliers, Food wholesalers and cash & carrys. There are 120 food businesses joining this exhibition and there will be more just coming to see and shop from all around the world. This trip with UKTI will introduce and/or put us in contact with some potential buyers.”
Peter Campbell, Managing Director at Snowshock Limited, commented: “We are joining the Trade Mission to visit Gulfood rather than attending independently because the support offered is very said.
“We look forward to tapping into the wealth of information and resources UKTI has to offer. We have been incredibly successful here in the UK and are now looking to expand into key export markets. The support available and events planned are incredible value for money.”
Nazir Ahmed, Operations Manager for Baketime, said: “We specialise in manufacturing sweet biscuits and savoury snacks for supermarkets in their own label for over 10 years.
“Our existing products are all Baked ‘Not Fried’, we have led the way in producing and promoting low salt, low sugar mini biscuits that are also low in saturated fats well before the market trend.
“UKTI have been very supportive over the years in helping local business promote their products within the market by providing and organising events like the forthcoming UKTI Gulfood Trade Mission.”
Looking to promote your product/service to SME businesses in your region? Find out how Bdaily can help →
Enjoy the read? Get Bdaily delivered.
Sign up to receive our popular North East morning email for free.