An artist's impression of the Giantswood development
An artist's impression of the Giantswood development
Richard Bell

Proposed 94-home 'Giantswood' scheme in Congleton given go-ahead

A new housing scheme in Congleton has received the greenlight from Cheshire East Council.

The development will deliver 94 homes across two sites off Manchester Road and Biggs Way.

Architecture practice BTP, which designed the properties, is working on the project with Laurus Homes, part of Trafford Housing Trust, and building firm Seddon Construction.

The contract is worth around £8m.

The scheme will be called Giantswood Grove and provide a range of two- to five-bedroom homes.

The majority (70%) will be up for private sale, with the remaining 30% being shared ownership/affordable rent.

Trafford Housing Trusts’ head of new business development, Paul Westhead, said: “We are delighted these new homes in Congleton have received the go-ahead from Cheshire East Council.

“The properties have been designed with real attention to detail from BTP and will provide a range of private and affordable housing options for local people.”

Vicky Saunders, managing director of Stockport-headquartered BTP, commented: “We are looking forward to continuing to work closely with Laurus Homes and Seddon Construction on this exciting project now that planning permission has been secured.”

Looking to promote your product or service? Bdaily Marketing can help you reach a regional business audience. Request our latest Media Pack →

Our Partners

Join the discussion as a guest or using , or Google

Top Ten Most Read