DBCP dominates at LABC East Midlands Building Excellence Awards 2019
Derbyshire Building Control Partnership (DBCP) swept the board at the annual LABC East Midlands Building Excellence Awards 2019.
The building control company, which has offices in Chesterfield and Derby, took home no less than four wins and two high commended awards at the glittering ceremony which was hosted by England cricket legend Matthew Hoggard MBE on Friday 17 May in Leicester.
The awards haul also meant that a DBCP project was represented in half the categories.
The awards recognise the excellent buildings, outstanding companies, design teams and partnerships and individuals that go that extra mile in the East Midlands construction industry. Individuals and projects can only be entered for the prestigious awards if building control work has been carried out by a local authority building control team.
• Best Educational Building - Wirksworth Heritage Centre
• Best Small New Housing Development - Kedleston Road, Allestree, by Greenbuilt Homes
• Best Individual New Home - The Linked Barn in Dunston, Chesterfield, by Lynnic Associates Ltd and Lomas and Mitchell Architects
• LABC Construction Professional of the year - Charles Worthington from Peveril Homes
• Thomas Fields, Buxton - Best social or affordable new housing development
• Smithy Cottage, Highley - Best Extension or alteration to an existing property
And it’s not over yet for Charles Worthington, or the teams behind Wirksworth Heritage Centre, Kedleston Road and The Linked Barn. As part of their regional award win, they have all been shortlisted for the LABC Grand Finals which will be held in London on Friday 8 November 2019.
Neil Johnson, Managing Director of DBCP, commented: “It was a wonderful night to share with so many of DBCP’s colleagues, partners and clients. Seeing our projects represented in so many categories is a fantastic endorsement of our high standards.
He added: “The recognition of so many of our clients and partners at the awards is testament to the strong partnerships and relationships we have worked so hard to develop with them. We have always maintained that if architects, builders and developers engage with us before their plans even get onto the drawing board, we can help ensure a superior end result; and four wins and two high commended projects is evidence of that.”
For expert building control advice and guidance, get in touch with the DBCP team. Please visit www.dbcp.co.uk or call 0333 880 2000.