Start me up! Building the Foundations as you Start your Business
Location: Business Innovation Centre, Sunderland, Enterprise Park East, North East Business & Innovation Centre (BIC), Wearfield, Sunderland SR5 2TA
Date: 15th February 2022
Time: 9am – 10:30am
PLEASE NOTE, THIS EVENT MAY NEED TO BE MOVED ONLINE DEPENDING UPON COVID INFECTION RATES.
If you have just started your new business venture or are thinking about taking the leap, then join us for financial, legal and grant funding advice and guidance from some of the region’s most prominent business advisors.
Your speakers have been advising business owners for many years taking them from embryonic stage to floating them on Aim and the Stock Market in some cases, helping them access funds to grow their business and ensuring they have the right employment documents in place to protect their reputation and employees.
During the event our speakers will be passing on essential tips and advice and sharing best practice to help your business get on the right track from day one, including:
- Getting ready to invest
- Keeping your house in order
- The importance of having essential employment document in place before taking on staff
- Knowing where to access support on HR and Employment issues as your business grows
- The different types of funding available and at what stage these are most suitable to different businesses
- What to consider when getting ready to approach a funder and information that will be needed
- Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund and FW Capital, and how they can help
- Choosing the correct business structure and the tax implications of the associated structures
- Tax reliefs available, including Capital Allowances, the Super Deduction and Research and Development
- A brief outline of VAT
- Share structures and family tax planning
- The business plan, forecasting, management information and monitoring performance
- Peter Robinson, Partner and Head of Corporate and Commercial, Jacksons Law Firm
- Paul Clark, Partner and Head of Employment, Jacksons Law Firm
- Alex Gent, Investment Executive, FW Capital
- Jamie Harding, Manager, Azets
- Paul Topham, Managing Partner (Durham), Azets
If you would like to register your place at this event, contact Caroline Noble at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01642 356500.
|Date||9:00am on 15 Feb 2022 to 10:30am on 15 Feb 2022|
|Venue||Business Innovation Centre, Sunderland, Enterprise Park East, North East Business & Innovation Centre (BIC), Wearfield, Sunderland SR5 2TA|