Jelly causes security alert
A pile of jelly left by a road in Germany caused a major security alert after it was mistaken for toxic waste, Reuters reports. A large area near the town of Halle, near Leipzig, was cordoned off after hikers spotted a “flabby red, orange and green substance” by the road.
Specialist fire officers in protective suits spent two hours inspecting the substance before concluding it was jelly. The spillage was traced to a wedding party. The groom confessed that there had been a jelly fight the day before, and that a lot of the jelly had probably ended up on the road. He has promised to clean up the mess.