Braised chicken with sweet potato and thyme
Arthur Potts Dawson is one of Daisy Green’s [’Green Gods of Food’](http://www.daisygreenmagazine.co.uk/living/features-living/the-green-god-of-food/? target=) and we thought you may need one of his lovely wholesome recipes this winter to keep your ’[Good Energy](http://www.goodenergy.co.uk/about“ target=)’ levels up.
We hope you find it as yummy as we do!
Ingredients (Serves 6):
1 tablespoon olive oil
1kg chicken thigh fillets, halved cross-ways
1 large bulb fennel, thinly sliced
6 sprigs lemon thyme
2 garlic cloves, crushed
200ml dry white wine
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
400g sweet potato, peeled, roughly chopped
200ml chicken stock
100ml thick cream
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium high heat.
- Add the chicken. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden and remove to a plate.
- Add fennel, thyme and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Next, add the wine and mustard. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add sweet potato and stock. Bring to the boil.
- Return the chicken to the pan. Cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Finally, add the cream. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes (do not return to the boil as sauce might split).
Voila! You can now enjoy your masterpiece!
This was posted in Bdaily's Members' News section by Nicola Alexander .
Enjoy the read? Get Bdaily delivered.
Sign up to receive our popular morning National email for free.