Archers celebrate Legal 500 success
A Tees Valley law firm is celebrating after all of its service areas were recommended in the world’s largest independent legal guide.
Archers Law has been listed across nine service categories in the Legal 500, a globally respected directory of lawyers and law firms across the UK and internationally.
It is the first time the Stockton-based firm has been recommended for every service area it provides and cements its reputation for providing excellent legal services across a range of specialisations.
Archers Law, which employs 50 staff, led by a team of seven partners, has also retained its ranking amongst the North of England’s top law firms for commercial property services.
Christopher Todd, Head of Commercial Property and a Partner at Archers Law, said: “We are absolutely thrilled to be recommended in the Legal 500 again, particularly as this is the first time every service area in the firm has gained Legal 500 status.
“That’s an admirable achievement when you consider we are up against some far larger firms, particularly those in Newcastle. I would like to thank everyone across Archers Law for putting in a great effort on our client care.”
Published for over 20 years, the Legal 500 provides the most comprehensive worldwide coverage currently available on legal services providers. It is an entirely independent assessment based upon impartial reviews from clients and customers.
Archers’ citations for the 2012 Legal 500 read:
- Commercial Property 9 (ranked at Tier 1)“Archers Law LLP recently advised a buyer of 17 care homes, and acted for a landowner in negotiations for the development of a new school. Christopher Todd and Patrick Quigley have ‘invaluable’ knowledge.”
- Corporate/Commercial (Tier 2) “At Archers Law LLP, John Richardson leads a team which includes associate David Adams, and is ‘fantastic in every way’. The pair recently advised on a £10m share sale, the re-organisation of six retail companies and a number of acquisitions.”
- Debt Recovery (Tier 2)
- Employment (Tier 3) “The ‘extraordinary’ Elizabeth Casey leads the ‘outstanding’ team at Archers Law LLP, with support from Robert Irons. The team advises both employers and employees, and counts Unite and TC Industries as clients. It recently represented an individual in a high-profile unfair dismissal tribunal.”
- Personal Injury(Tier 3)“The ‘outstanding’ Angela Torrance leads the practice at Archers Law LLP. In 2011, the team dealt with a number of CTS and HAVS cases, and various asbestos and chemical industrial disease matters. Torrance and Danielle Distefano are ‘efficient, intelligent and well organised’.”
- Commercial Litigation (Tier 3)
- Family (Tier 3)“Collaborative lawyer Ann Pope is the key partner at the ‘excellent’ Archers Law LLP. Pope assists high-net-worth individuals in domestic and cross-border divorce and ancillary relief matters, and handles Children Act proceedings.
- Probate and Tax (Tier 3) “David Collier and Court of Protection deputy Irene Cox are the key figures at Archers Law LLP. Recent work includes advising a local entrepreneur on wills and estate planning.”
- Construction “At Archers Law LLP, Christopher Todd and Patrick Quigley have ‘excellent knowledge and attention to detail’. They recently advised on various land acquisitions.”
Picture - Christopher Todd, Head of Commercial Property and a Partner at Archers Law.
This was posted in Bdaily's Members' News section by Publicity Seekers PR .
Enjoy the read? Get Bdaily delivered.
Sign up to receive our popular North East morning email for free.